I have so much to be thankful for on my 25th Birthday. For some reason, this Birthday has got me thinking so much about what I have achieved and want to achieve, and the woman I have become and strive to be. I think it may have something to do with the significance of the number and its [clears throat] proximity to the number 30. Yes, I have to admit that it gives me pause. Not because 30 is old, but because with age comes a certain amount of responsibility to oneself. I would like to receive 30 with pride and knowing that I have exercised the time and freeness I had in my twenties to the best of my abilities, hence the 5 year goals mentioned in the title of this post.
Some milestones of the last five years that I’m proud of…
- Graduating from College
- Having a
- Sustaining myself completely off of my own income
- Traveling out of the country [3 countries as a matter of fact]
- Graduating from Grad school
I believe that writing down your goals makes you more accountable for them and also serves as a reminder to stay focused on the goal. Everyone should have aspirations and hopes. To think about it, that’s all we have. We want things, we work for them and hope to achieve that dream if we stay the course. With that said, here are some of my next 5 years goals…
- Continued Spiritual Growth- I have not had a perfect life, I made some bad decisions just like the rest, but I will say that only a spiritual connection with God could help me and did help me. God has been so faithful to raggedy old me and it is my goal to continue to grow closer to Him.
- Own Property- I want to own a piece of property such as a small home or duplex that I can rent out and create residual income.
- Be more active in the Stock Market- I want to learn more about the stock market and its inner workings and try my hand at it.
- Waist Length hair- I want to grow my hair to waist length in its wet state. 🙂 A girl can dream can’t she?
- Send my parents on a vacation- I want to send my parents on a vacation to somewhere tropical. They love the beach!
- $30K in savings- I want to have $30,000 in savings alone approaching age 30.
- Teach- I want to become and adjunct professor/teacher in math or business math at my Alma Mater Alabama A&M University or a near by college.
Of course this isn’t all I plan to do. I would love to be married and have a family in the next five years, but I’ll leave that up to the good Lord [did you hear that Lord? :-)]. I’m sure this list will grow and change as I continue to grow as well.